And what’s coming in 2019.
2018 has been transformative year for Qualibrate and a period full of learnings for our team. A recap on those learnings is crucial to sharpen our approach on collaborating with customers, partners and employees.
Our main focus last year was on attracting and retaining young, energetic and highly-skilled talent, almost doubling our team in size. Our talent will help us achieve our strategic objectives around modernizing our product & technology framework, expand our market reach, and keep on nurturing our relationships with existing customers and partners.
Last year we saw positive results on our user base growth, and we are thrilled to have welcomed new customers in other regions such as US, Australia and New Zealand helping them to realize the value to their investments in their QA, Testing and Automation project portfolio. Additional customers also were on-boarded closer to home in Europe.
We also invested in our Digital Marketing strategy to broadcast our brand across various online channels and established ourselves as a global player. On those lines, we launched our Qualibrate insider Blog, exposing our community expertise online and showcasing the areas in technology that excite and motivate us (not only testing related but technology and innovation topics in general). We also had the opportunity to meet new prospects, partners and customers in a few events like SAP TechEd in Vegas, SAP TechEd in Barcelona, and EuroSTAR in The Hague.
On the technology side we are constantly focused on improving. Our product team worked hard on exciting innovations that will reach our current (and future) customers in 2019 (see below). Our technology roadmap remains aligned to our Business Vision of supporting customers on their Digital transformation journeys. As for our SAP customers, our technology is geared towards reducing the risk and increasing the speed of migrating to S/4 HANA and SAP Cloud Platform.
Last but not least, we are also very excited to have initiated key strategic partnerships around the world to get the product out in the market. From our humble beginnings our reach has expanded to regions such as Americas, Australia, New Zealand, India and the rest of Europe, and we can’t wait to create an impact to potential users on those geographies in years to come.
What to expect in 2019?
2019 marks a pivotal year for Qualibrate. Our main objective is to keep delivering our promise to an even greater customer base across different regions and keep the innovation going on all areas of our business (naturally the product).Therefore in 2019 we expect to:
- Expand our value proposition across the globe with the support of our key strategic partners;
- Expand our team on key areas such as Customer Success, Operations, Development and Sales to rapidly respond to customers’ and partners’ needs;
- Continue working together with our Consulting Services group to deliver enterprise-grade best-practices to our customers, focused on optimizing the processes of testing, documentation and learning;
- Release the Qualibrate NextGen Platform (a.k.a. Qualibrate 3.0), consisting of:
- Cloud Service: Our NextGen Cloud project is focused on modernizing our entire application architecture to make our Cloud Service even more robust, scalable, and able to deliver even more efficiency & power to our customers. The new cloud architecture also optimizes the delivery of new features to our end-users by adopting a continuous-deployment strategy;
- Web User Interface: Our Web App User Interface will be completely redesigned utilizing the latest Front-end technologies available in the market, and focuses on delivering the best User Experience to our customers (ease of use);
- Integrations: Moreover, our aim is to adopt an open integration strategy to elevate our customers journey with Qualibrate and allow their teams to expand their capabilities even further by integrating with either in-house applications or online cloud platforms;
- Accelerators: On our NextGen Accelerator capabilities are also being enhanced to provide even more robust web automation support for multi-browsers, and managed to optimize execution performance by a factor of 3x. Our team also plans to release new features for headless browser testing and Windows protocol support;
- New Testing Features: Our R&D group is exploring options in API testing, Service Virtualization and Cloud infrastructure management for distributed test execution.
All in all, it has been a great year for our team and for myself personally and professionally. I’m really happy to see our teams’ efforts crystallizing into actual value towards our partners and customers. Our team is really excited to see what 2019 will bring to all of us.We’ll keep you posted in the next few weeks and months with exciting updates.